These are a few of my favorite things! This list is being added to on a regular basis.
1. If you read my blog, you know I love America's Test Kitchen. I highly recommend their family cookbook series: The Healthy Family Cookbooks, The Family Baking Cookbook, and The Family Cookbook.
2. I love most of the Barefoot Contessa Cookbooks, but this one is one of my favorites. Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics.
3. The Bread Baker's Apprentice. This book is amazing. Peter Reinhart is a bread master, and there is so much good information in the book. Not to mention fantastic recipes.
4. Pure Desserts by Alice Medrich. This is a beautiful cookbook - so many amazing recipes with simple ingredients.
5. Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. I always turn to Martha for great ideas and flavor combinations. This book is a great collection.
6. Local Flavors by Deborah Madison. This cookbook celebrates local farmer's markets by cooking foods in season.
7. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. This book is so great. So many great, unique recipes.
I listen to a lot of jazz music, and blogged about my favorite albums here.
Here are some links to some of my favorite artists.
1.Melody Gardot is amazing. Her music is jazz influenced, her voice is smooth and sexy, and I could listen to her all day.
2. I have loved Over The Rhine for years, and their new album is incredible. Karin's voice will get inside your soul.